Prosecutors allege that Thomas stole the money over the course of several years while abusing his power of attorney for his client, which he maintained for years even after having his law license revoked. Thomas is facing four mail fraud counts in Southern District of Ohio.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 25 seconds
Ex-lawyer Bilked Client Out of a Half Million Bucks By Abusing Power: Prosecutors
Mark Thomas, a former lawyer, could face as many as 20 years in prison after he was accused of stealing more than $500,000 from a client suffering from dementia. So reports Cleveland.com.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Trump Ally Bannon in Contempt: House Vote
- Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
- NY Labor Dept. Gives Conditional Green Light to Go to Work High, Explains Lawyer
- Kellogg’s Under Fire for Lack of Strawberries in Popular Pop Tart Product, Per Lawsuit
- SCOTUS Planning Nov. Hearings for Controversial Texas Abortion Law