Livingston County Circuit Judge Michael Hatty signed off on the request and has adjourned the case until October. Jones’ blood alcohol level was 0.19 at the time of his arrest and he allegedly tried to use his oversight of the state police budget as leverage during the arrest.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 29 seconds
MI State Rep. Jewell Jones to Have Mental Health Check Ahead of Trial: Judge
The lawyer representing embattled Michigan state Rep. Jewell Jones has requested a mental health evaluation prior to the lawmaker’s trail related to alleged bond and jail security violations stemming from a drunk driving arrest in April. So reports the Detroit News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Trump Ally Bannon in Contempt: House Vote
- Ex-chief Justice Takes Over Political Leadership Chair At UGA Law
- NY Labor Dept. Gives Conditional Green Light to Go to Work High, Explains Lawyer
- Kellogg’s Under Fire for Lack of Strawberries in Popular Pop Tart Product, Per Lawsuit
- SCOTUS Planning Nov. Hearings for Controversial Texas Abortion Law