The students said they were defrauded by for-profit colleges and are suing for recompense. The Department of Education initially implemented an 18-month halt on a decision regarding loan forgiveness before issuing denial letters.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 23 seconds
DeVos to Testify in 160,000 Student-borrowers’ Class Action Case
Former Education Secretary Betsy DeVos will be required to testify in a class-action suit related to how she handled claims for student loan forgiveness during her time serving in ex-President Donald Trump’s cabinet. So reports NBC News.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- SpaceX Facing Potential Prosecution Over Unlicensed Guards, Beach Closures
- Ice Cube’s Infringement Case Against Robinhood Melts with Federal Ruling
- Judge Tosses Murder Case Against Simone Biles’ Brother After Mistrial
- DOJ Pushing Death Sentence for Boston Marathon bomber
- Utah Assistant AG Apologizes for Bizarre 'Die and Go to Hell' Email