The federal lawsuit filed in California is part of a larger pushback against “tipped minimum wage” policies that allow employers to pay workers as low as $2.13 per hour so long as their wage and tips add up to the minimum wage. A poll taken of 200 Darden employees found servers of color earned 18% less in tips each hour when compared to white serves.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 28 seconds
Olive Garden Parent Under Fire for Tipping Policy: Lawsuit
One Fair Wage is suing Darden Restaurants after claiming the company’s tipping policy “encourages sexual harassment and racial discrimination against its waitstaff.” So reports CNBC.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Michigan Rep. Introduces Legislation to Limit THC in Blood of Drivers
- Migrants Separated During Trump-era Expected to Live in U.S. Permanently: Lawyer
- Standing Bear Descendant Calls on Harvard to Return Ancestral Tomahawk
- JOCO to Remain Operational as NYC Challenges New Bike-share Service
- PlayStation User Sues Sony Third-party Downloads