The settlement is considered one of the largest privacy-related agreements of its kind and includes 89 million U.S. users; some of them are as young as six years old. “According to lawyers involved in the suit, TikTok quietly collected a mountain of personally identifiable information on account holders, including biometric data such as their ethnicity, gender, and age,” as well as data from draft videos that were never shared.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 33 seconds
TikTok Settles Class Action Involving Kids As Young As Six, Unpublished Video Data
Social media app TikTok will pay $92 million to settle a number of lawsuits—many of them filed by minors—that accused the company of amassing user data “without consent and [selling] it to advertisers.” So reports Engadget.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Details Emerge from Kansas Lawmaker’s DUI Arrest
- Redditors: 'NDLS Massacre' Frustrating Reality for Prospective Students
- Biden Nominates Robert Anderson of Minnesota Chippewa Tribe As Solicitor of Interior
- DeSantis Takes to the Courts to Get Florida Cruise Ships Sailing
- O.J. Settles with The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Defamation Suit