Giuliani, who served as former President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, was criticized for his role in Trump’s attempt to subvert the 2020 presidential election. He was also criticized for his call for a “trial by combat” ahead of the Wednesday, Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. The group has called for an investigation into the former New York City mayor’s actions and argues that he “violated his oath as a lawyer to support the Constitution by spreading lies to undermine the results of the election,” according to the article.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 38 seconds
Legal Association Wants Giuliani Investigated Over Attempt to Overthrow Election
Lawyers Defending American Democracy, a prominent attorney trade group, filed an 18-page complaint of Rudy Giuliani seeking to have his license to practice law temporarily suspended. So reports Business Insider.
Latest from Progressive Law Practice
- Manhattan DA Has Trump’s Tax Returns After Legal Battle
- Pro-bono Lawyers Reunited 105 Migrant Kids with Parents
- Biden’s DOJ Not Backing Female Student Athlete Suing Over Transgender Competitors
- Texan Charged More Than $9K for Energy Bill Sues Operator for $1B
- TikTok Settles Class Action Involving Kids As Young As Six, Unpublished Video Data