While some gun groups lauded the decision, Councilwoman Regina Romero admonished the measure in light of recent mass shootings. The new law takes effect this summer.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 21 seconds
Arizona Law Bans Buyback Programs from Destroying Guns
An Arizona law has prohibited cities and counties that collect guns in buy-back programs from destroying the firearms, instead requiring they be sold to federally licensed dealers, according to a Los Angeles Times article.
Latest from PLP News
- SCOTUS: Pre-Miranda silence can be used as evidence of guilt
- Do Medical Malpractice Suits Actually Promote Hospital Transparency?
- Defunct Dewey & LeBoeuf Settles Mismanagement Claims
- Judge Temporarily Blocks Arkansas Law Banning Abortion at 12 Weeks
- Detroit Law Firm Sponsors ‘Guns for Groceries’ Program